How do I export data from Gruntify into Excel?
Exporting data is a two-step process, covered tutorials in the Administration section of this Help Center.
- Define the fields you want to export as a CSV report. See the Report Templates tutorial.
- Export the report. See the Export Reports tutorial.
How do I export photos with my request data?
Step 1: Define a CSV Report with Include Media turned on.
- Click Settings, Report Templates then
- Click Report Templates
- Click New Template Select CSV / Create
- On the popup, make sure you switch on “Include Media” but not "Do you need to select which form fields and controls appear on your report?"
Step 2: Export the report with the photos. Bring up the single request that has the photo(s) and select Export as shown in Figure 2A or bring up a list of requests with the desired photo(s) and select Export as shown in Figure 2B.
Why do I get multiple CSV's when I export my data?
Gruntify allows you to add or remove fields from a form. But then the data collected in the past may not fit the new form properly. Where would you see the values used in the past for the fields that were removed? Leaving the new fields blank isn't right either. For example, if the new field was a Mandatory Yes/No answer to "Is there sprinklers fitted?" you can't just assume either a yes or no answer for older data that doesn't have an answer.
To avoid this problem, Gruntify makes a new version of your form and automatically matches the data to the form used when the data was collected.
When you export the data to a CSV, we create one file for each form version applicable to the data. This avoids showing empty columns (for the added fields) or missing values (for the removed fields).